1. Have a Variety of Food
We need more than 40 different nutrients for good health, and no single food can contain all of them and sometimes we need the best multivitamin for men to do the job. It’s not a single meal, it’s a healthy variety of food over time that will make a difference! After a large portion of meat for dinner, you may consider fish for the next day.
2. Have a Carbohydrate Rich Diet
Foods rich in carbohydrates made up half of our energy source, such as cereals, rice, pasta, potatoes, and bread. It is greatly advised to add at least one of these at every meal. Foods like whole grain bread, corn, and cereals, will increase our fibre intake.
3. Substitute Saturated with Unsaturated Fat.
Fats are essential to the body as it can be an alternative energy source. But everything too much is bad, fats are needed to be regulated. A variety of fats has its own benefits which are different from the other, here is a guide on what kind of fat you should take:
- We should limit the consumption of total and saturated fats ,which are usually from animal fat, and completely avoid trans fats; these are seen on the labels of food.
- Eating fish 2-3 times a week will contribute to our right intake of unsaturated fats.
- Boil, bake or steam food if possible rather than frying it.
4. Enjoy Eating of Fruits and Vegetables
Fruits and vegetables are considered as a huge source of vitamins, minerals and fibre. 5 servings per day are considered healthy. You can add servings of vegetables in your meal or make fruits as shake or snacks.
5. Control Your Salt and Sugar Intake
A high intake of salt can lead to high blood pressure and increase the risk of heart disease. There are various ways of reducing salt in the diet:
- We can choose foods of lower sodium content by checking the label of food.
- It is possible to replace salt with spices while cooking, increasing the variety of flavors and tastes.
- Hide your salt shaker while eating or avoid putting salt before tasting the food.
Sugar offers color and an appealing flavor, but as an occasional treat, sugar foods and beverages are high in calories and are best enjoyed in moderation. Alternatively, we could use fruits to sweeten our foods and beverages.
6. Eat Regularly, Check the Size of the Portion
Eating a variety of foods is the best formula for a healthy diet on a regular basis and in the right amounts. Paying attention to the size of the portion will encourage us not to ingest too much calories and will allow us to eat all the food we want without missing any.
- The right amount of preparation makes it easier not to overeat.
- Several fair serving sizes are: 100 g of meat; half a cup of fresh pasta; one small piece of fruit.
- For fewer servings, the use of smaller plates benefits.
- Packaged foods may assist with portion control, with calorie values on the pack.
- When we eat out, we could share with a friend a piece.
7. Drink Lots of Fluids
Adults have at least 1.5 liters of fluid a day to drink! Or more if it’s very hot or if it’s busy physically. Water is the best choice, of course, and we can use sparkling or non-sparkling, simple or flavored tap or mineral water. Fruit juices, soda, soft drinks, coffee and other beverages can all be all right-every now and then.
8. Hold your body weight safe.
Excess body fat is more than we need to eat. The extra calories may be extracted from any dietary element-protein, fruit, starch, or alcohol, but fat is the most concentrated energy source. Physical activity is helping us to spend the energy, making us feel good. The message is fairly simple: we need to eat less and be more healthy if we gain weight!
9. Make it a habit! Get on the move!
To people of all weight ranges and health conditions, physical activity is necessary. This allows us to work off the extra calories, it is good for the heart and circulatory system, it preserves or enhances our muscle mass, it helps us to concentrate and improves overall well-being for wellbeing.
10. Start now! Then continue to change slowly.
Small lifestyle changes are easier to maintain than major changes that are adopted at once. We should write down the foods and drinks we eat all day long for three days, and mention the amount of movement we made. It’s not going to be hard to see where we can improve.